Saturday, January 24, 2009

Like vs. Love

Many people say they believe in God. Many of us go to church on weekly basics. Some even read their bible, daily. I know this to be true, I was one of them. I had no problem on a Sunday morning walking down the aisle in the sanctuary to find my seat with cheap alcohol on my breath and memories of the night before. I would praise the Lord with raised hands, while all long trying to justify the lifestyle I was living. I will be the first to say, my life in no way glorified God but instead I mocked God.

I liked God but I didn’t love God. I liked the idea that I could call on Him for help. Knowing about Him always interested me, but to give up MY happiness?

We can only have one true love in our life. It’s a love that will take over every other emotion; it’s a love that will cause you to deny the world of all its pleasures.This love will not share space with any lifestyle of sin.

I thanked God for this Love that now consumes me.

I John 2:15 ( Amplified
Bible)
Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the
world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in
him.



Tammy

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

WOW and Amen!

Karen said...

Wonderful testimony, Tammy! It's the same as the differences between knowing about Jesus and knowing Jesus. No comparison!

JMBMOMMY said...

So true--loving Him is following Him. It is so worth giving up our desires--His are so much more fulfilling.

Jody said...

God is truly merciful and compassionate that He loved us and sent us His Son to save us from our sins and the wrath of God. I ask myself almost everyday, how could I not love Him who first loved me? Great post, Tammy.

LisaShaw said...

Tammy,

We are on the same page yet again. GOD IS GOOD!

You're saying like vs. love and I often say it's the difference between religion and relationship.

To know of Christ is religion. To know Him is relationship. One can often be filled with religious acts and legalistic tendancies. The other (relationship) is filled with love, worship and the desire to please only HIM and when we fail (and we do often sadly), it is that LOVE that draws us back ever so deeply to His feet.

I love you.

Edie said...

This is an awesome word Tammy, that needs to be heard by many.

We had a very sad day at church today as we heard a confession and resignation of a dearly loved staff member. He loves the Lord dearly but got caught up in sin. We all love him and his wife dearly. God does not wink at sin.

Rose of Sharon said...

This is so true. That's a good verse!

Hugs, Sharon

Lori Laws said...

Amen sister! like vs. love and religion vs. relationship...well put Tammy!

Paula V said...

Your honesty is raw, rare, and beautiful.