Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lies Women Believe...

Let's talk About Sin, I know, its not high on the conversation list. As Christians pointing out sin, some will say you are judging, you've offended them, or that certain sins aren't so bad. Nancy Leigh DeMoss, the author of Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free, gives us great insight and speaks some hard Truth.

All quotes are in blue from the author Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

1. I can sin and get away with it.
2. My sin isn't really that bad.
3. God can't forgive what I have done.
4. I am not fully responsible for my actions and reactions.
5. I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin.

All deception is deadly. But no lies are more deadly than those Satan tells us about God and about sin. He tries to convince us that God is not who He says He is and that sin is not what He says it is.

Deciding on what to watch, read or listen, I would ask my daughter to check to see if it has a little dog poop in it. If you have never heard that phrase, take a moment, and click on Brownies...I'll wait. Now do you understand?  That little bit of dog poop is the first brush with sin that eventually leads us down the wrong path.


Its not easy talking about what is right or wrong, moral or immoral because the simple fact is; it taste sweet and the first touch is very pleasing...for a short time. But here's how Nancy puts it:

The Truth is that sin is dangerous, deadly and destructive.
The Truth is that we will reap what we sow.
The Truth is that every choice we make today will have consequences.
The Truth is that if we play with fire, we will get burned.
The Truth is that "sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death" (James 1:15).

I think at times we put sin into categories. Meaning, your disobedience isn't as bad as your neighbors but God says that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 8:23). Yes, we are all sinners but once Christ comes into our lives we are not to stand shoulder to shoulder with sin.  

Ephesians 5:3-7 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people.  Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.  You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.  Don’t participate in the things these people do.

How do you feel about going to a baby shower for a unwed mother? In today society, no one blinks a eye when invited to a bridal shower for those who live together or a baby shower for an unwed mother. A few years ago, I struggled with this decision when someone I love, and care about found herself pregnant with her second child and no husband, claiming to be a christian. Now, before you get too upset with me, please hear me out. First, I'm so grateful that she didn't aborted either child and  made the right choice, to give these children life.
Some said "It's not the baby's fault." They're right. But when you think about it, the baby has no idea whats going on in the first place. This was also said to me, " We need to show this woman that we love her, support her and help her with the necessitates in raising a child."
I responded with, "I do love her, support her and will help her in raising this child but I cannot participate in the celebration when there was no lifestyle change." This is always a difficult decision for me whenever I'm invite to a shower but its one that I must stand by. After the baby was born I went for a visit, along with  bearing gifts.

I have to admit  this has not been a easy subject to write about, so I will leave you with this:
If only we could see that every single sin is a big deal, that every sin is an act of rebellion and cosmic treason, that every time we choose our way instead of God's way, we are revolting against the God and King of the universe.

Every time we choose to give in to the flesh, rather than yielding to the Spirit of God, we allow sin to gain mastery over us. On the other hand, every time we say yes to the Spirit, we give Him greater control of our lives.

Sin has been around for a long time, in fact, from the first moment Eve decide to put her feelings ahead of the Truth. God was not surprised by her rebellion and He's not surprise by mine. That's why He has made a way through His Son, Jesus Christ, to be forgiven and live eternally.


Walk and Live in Victory:
1. Seek the power of the Holy Spirit and read daily the Word of God.
2. Stay away from tempting situations
3. Seek help from the body of Christ to make you accountable and to pray for you.

This is the reason you will not find a place to leave "your comments." Can I be honest, this time the no comments might be a good thing. :)


Tammy

No comments: