Friday, October 30, 2009

No Comments

I've been restless in my walk with God in the last few months. My prayers have felt like they were going nowhere and my time in His Word was just "going through the motions."  I couldn't seem to put my finger on it or maybe I was just refusing to listen. Either way, He got my attention today. You see, I've been seeking the praises of men (women) when it comes to my blogging. I can't even begin to tell you how many times in one day I check to see if a new comment has been left. Comments on ones' blog may not be an issue for you, but for me, it is. I've put my self worth in how many comments I've been receiving. I've been more eager to run to the computer then grabbing my bible and spend quality time with the Lord.

God made it very clear to me that this new found ministry is for His Glory and not mine. He asked if I would be willing to continue writing but receive no comments. I liked to say that I eagerly said "Yes, Lord whatever you want" but that would be lying. I sat there for awhile trying to think of another way to reason with Him but I knew in my heart your comments have become my god.

I never want anything to come before my precious Lord...its the little foxes that spoil the vine.


I hope that you all understand and will continue to visit. Your comments have encouraged me and I have felt loved by them. You have become my friends.
I'm not sure how long the "no comments" will be posted... I'm leaving that up to Him.

Tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.