Monday, April 19, 2010

Changing One Heart for Many...wk 14

If you’re visiting for the first time and you don’t know my story (God’s Story), you may want to check it on the left-hand side bar under “My Secret Sin.” I was one of those human beings who needed a heart change. If you have had an abortion, I want you to know you will find no condemnation here, but you will find Truth wrapped in grace and mercy. God has brought you here because He doesn’t want you to hurt and feel ashamed anymore, but what He does want from you is to trust Him with your pain. Will you do that? I hope so. If you need to talk or need prayer, click on ‘profile’ for email.

April, for the last several years, is Post -Abortion Awareness Month. As long as abortion is legal in this country, we will have women who are silently hurting because of their decision. Nevertheless, abortion doesn’t stop there, it touches other family members as well. From my own personal experience with the difficulty of bonding with my daughter for years, it also reaches deep into the lives of the fathers, grandparents, and siblings. Here is some thoughts of a grandparent who knew that she was about to lose her grandchild to an abortion.

She has given me permission to share with you the struggle that was going on in her heart, because of this act that was about to be hidden in the secret place… a place she was all too familiar with.

As her son opened up about the pregnancy, explaining to her the circumstances that would soon lead to having an abortion, her heart grew heavy. She tried to reason with him. She suggested the wonderful gift of adoption. She even offered to help him with parenting but all he kept saying was… "there’s nothing I can do, she’d made up her mind." The grandmother longed to go to this young woman and share with her the heaviness on her heart, which is still with her today because of the ‘choice’ she made so many years ago to having an abortion. However, he wouldn’t let her, for she wasn’t suppose to know of about this child that had been conceived. If she went, she could lose her son and if she didn’t she would lose her grandchild.

After her son had left for the evening, she went before her Lord in prayer and looked to Him for comfort. This was one of her prayers.

Dear Lord,
We only have a few days, but You already know that. Today my heart is heavy and sad for the child that is inside the mother’s womb. I understand her confusion, thinking this is the best choice. O God, the best choice would  be to call upon You, Lord, to see that this life wants to live.
I will pray and fast, God, for this child. My grandchild. Even through the enemy is whispering lies into my heart and the heart of the parents; I know You have not forsaken me... Amen.

Let us pray for those whose loved ones who have died through abortion.

Our Heavenly Father,
We give praise to All-Mighty God. The Maker of the Universe, we praise You. You, who hear our cries and collects our tears in bottle. We pray, as believers in Jesus Christ for Your love to cover those who are hurting in silence. Who had no voice in the decision of the child, whose life was lost through an abortion. May they be drawn to a place or to someone that can help them deal with their loss. We thank you, God, in advance for the many hearts that will be healed and who will make a difference in standing up for the unborn. In Jesus name…Amen

 (to be continued next Monday)
Tammy

19 comments:

April said...

Praying! April

Andrea said...

Praying with you, sweet friend!
Blessings, andrea

Cheryl Barker said...

Sometimes we forget about these... Still praying with you!

Karen said...

Oh my...two precious heartfelt prayers....

Jennifer said...

Praying with you all.

Deborah Ann said...

God will richly bless you for taking up the cause of His little ones!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

And Tammy... I am still praying for this situation, the results of our prayers have yet to be seen.

Love you.

Sonja

Unknown said...

Hey Tammy,

Thanks for your blog and the honest way you share your heart.

Thank you also for following my blog at Stepping Closer.

I'm glad to have found your blog, and I will stop by to visit again.

Blessings to you, and thank you for being such a positive encourager for life!

Melanie

RCUBEs said...

Lord, confusion is not from You. Please give clarity of mind to these hurting women facing a tough decision. Prayed your prayer with you sister. God bless you and protect you always.

quietspirit said...

Tammy:
The enemy tells us that no one is hurt in this process. We have seen and read otherwise.
Still praying.

Susannah said...

Prayer is very powerful... :~D

Visiting from the Interet Cafe today. Nice to meet you!

e-Mom @ Chrysalis
http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com

Edie said...

Hello my friend. I have been thinking about you quite a bit this week.

I'm praying especially for that grandma.

Love you!

Pat said...

Tammy,
You are such a blessing. Your words in this post touched my heart but mostly your heart touches me BEYOND words!!!
My love lady,
Pat

Together We Save said...

Praying for this family!

Unknown said...

I was having a conversation with an acquaintance the other day about abortion (the acquaintance is pro choice). I relayed that those who are pro life are trying to protect the baby AND the mother.

Thank you for this blog. I pray that it helps many people!

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Ron

I'm a Christian blogger and I found your profile on another blog that I follow. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What an amazing prayer. So much truth wrapped up in it's words. So painful, so strong. God is in control. Praying for the Truth to be spoken into the mother's heart.

God Bless,
Sonya Lee

Covnitkepr1 said...

Abortion should be stopped, there's no question there. BUT...those that have had one and feel guilty MUST be told that our Heavenly Father is Faithful in His forgiveness. To Him sin is sin...abortion or a fib...to Him it's all the same and can and will be forgiven. He is a God of Mercy.
I'm your newest follower and I invite you to look over my blog and perhaps become one yourself.

Bob West said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog! Very inspiring
Hopefully you will appreciate mine also
God Bless, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/04/line-upon-line.html