Monday, December 10, 2007

Inner Beauty

II Corinthians 4:16

Yes, as I look into the mirror I can see it, I'm getting older. Everyday I take a step closer looking like a wiser woman. Wasn't it just yesterday that I could apply my make-up without watching it move from here to there? I also remember the times in my life that when I arose in the morning I could move without any pain.
I once knew a woman who wasn't concerned about getting older. Yet she was always working on herself, making sure that every morning was spend with the Lord. Her conversations with God seemed to go on for hours at least that's how it appeared to me as a young girl. I saw passed the wrinkles and the tried old body as I would look at her. And there I would see her willingness and faithfulness to seek His Kingdom first. I realize now that is what made her the beauty she was.
God, give me the longing to seek You everyday. To be faithful and willing to allow You to press me on all sides so that I will have that inner beauty that my mother displayed. Amen
II Corinthians 4:16

No comments: