Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Romans 12:1-2

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

When this sciripture was revealed to me it changed my life. I learned that I needed to give up my worldly desires and sinful thoughts. To take my eyes off things that weren't pure , good and pleasing to God. It was difficult and at times it still is but isn't that the least I can do, look at what Jesus did for us. The pain, suffering and seperation from His Father so that we could, if we accept it, have enteral life.

We must not live in our sins. We must not pick one sin over another just because it's degree of acceptance. Please let not Christ's death and suffering be in vain.

But rise above it all by putting God's Word in our mind, meditate on it daily. Let our eyes look on things that are pure, let our ears hear things that are holy and allow His words to penetrate our hearts.

It is only then you will see what purpose God has planned for you.

Go ahead an give it a try. Become willing to be a doer of the Word, then you will know what is pleasing to Him. He just doesn't want our worship and living sacrifices on Sundays. But He wants our worship and living sacrifices daily.

1 comment:

Alene said...

Tammy, found your blog through Dawn's. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this scripture. This is actually what I claim as my life verse. I love the Message version. "Here's what I want you to do -- take your everyday, ordinary life -- your eating, your sleeping, your walking-around and going-to-work life and lay it before me as an offering." WOW - I realized God wanted my little old ordinary life as an offering, no matter how insignificant I felt. Love your blog. Blessings, Alene