Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Got Faith?

I never thought much about the word faith,I guess it just has been apart of my life for sometime. So during my time with the Lord this morning he led me right to the word "faith". Faith in the Webster dictionary means: a firm belief in something for which there is no proof.
I thought I can relate to that,I had a marriage that was doomed,ready to end and hopeless. I didn't want this marriage to end in divorce too. I had experienced seeing the pain in my son's eyes as he watched his Dad leave so many years ago. Our life was turned upside down on that September evening as we watched him drive away.
I didn't want it to happen again, not in this marriage. So, that is were faith came in I had no proof that my marriage was going to last. Our marriage was about what I wanted and (for my husband) it was about what he wanted.Then one day when I was crying out to God, He softly whispered" I Am going thorough you to get to him." Did you caught that? God was asking me if I would let Him change me from the inside out. It took longer then I had hope to see that change in my husband but I often wonder what would have happen if I had stop because there was no proof. We have been married now for 20 years and I am looking forward to the next 50:)

No comments: